Saturday, September 24, 2011

Family Tradition

        Family tradition is  the transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation.To make a family tradition you spend a lot of time with your mom,dad,sister/brother,grandmother and grandfather.
       All my family including my uncles, auties, cousins, grandmothers and grandfathers meet up together once a year during summer for a week in Protaras. We have been doing this for as long as I can remeber. My dad did this too when he was a child. We all meet up at my grandmothers house and the program is the same every year. When we all wake up in the morinig we take our breakfast and the head off to the beach all together spending most of the day there. We play volleyball, swim, rackets and do a lot of the watersports there. At night if we have not arranged to go out to a restaurant for dinner we usually cook something at home and all sit around on the veranda overlooking the beach. The younger childern that are my brother and sisters age play around in the garden and we the older girls make up games for them to play. The elders cook the food and prepare the plates on the table for all of us. During dinner my grandparents, uncles and aunts remember stories of the past that they share with us and we laugh.
      After the end of this years vacation my cousins and I have already started talking and looking forward to next years!!




    
  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment